Saturday, September 27, 2008

Citizenship Assembly



Friday was out first Citizenship Assembly. The school recognized three students from each class who showed each of the three chosen character traits: friendship, cooperation, and responsibility. It was a difficult decisions, but I decided to really pay attention to student behavior and interactions with other students to decide who is worthy of the awards this month.

First, Gregory was chosen for FRIENDSHIP this month. We learned about friendship the first few weeks of school so I looked for someone who displayed that character trait during the week. The reason I thought that Gregory was a good choice was when we were lining up to go to science, one of the students accidentally dropped their pencil box and all its contents went sailing across the floor. Out of all of the student in the classroom, Gregory was the only one who bent down to help that child pick up the spilled items. He showed true friendship and consideration when helping that child.

The next week of school we learned about COOPERATION. I chose Haleigh to earn the award for cooperation because of how she helps so much in the classroom and helps with other students. She is conscientious about what needs to be done in the classroom and all it takes is a simple mention of the task, and Haleigh is first one to help! She is a real asset to our classroom.

Finally, Journey was chosen for the RESPONSIBILITY award this past week. She is a student who shows responsibility in completing all classwork and homework assignments. I can count on her to always be following directions when moving from one subject to another. She is a born leader and I'm proud of her for being a role model in our classroom.

Keep up the great work! We have many more character skills to learn this year so I'll be watching!!! Who will you be next to get the award?????

No comments: